Tuesday 3 January 2012

2012 The year of the uprising

                      So I am going to try to keep this blog updated as much as I can.

As I write this today I am 210 days sober and 210 days dealing with a mental health problem. Its getting easier to digest but its still a fucking hard concrete block stuck in my stomach. I have said before and ill say it again if you have a problem its a hard thing for people to really know what to say or what to do.If you broke your leg they would know what to say !

As I walked around town today I saw posters stuck along the river trying to raise awareness for "mind your mind" that's nice ! Has any one looked at the help lines for people with mental health problems ? Not one is a free phone number to the best of my knowledge. So lets paint a picture here for a moment. Its 2 am all shops are closed in this shit hole of a place so no credit for MY pay as you go phone ! I look up and see a number that is 1890 *** *** what do I do ???!!! Now I know these people were doing a good job but that is just a little thing that I have a problem with!

Now on to a better note a nice women took it upon herself to form a band of wonderful soldiers and produce a film here it is


So we have a group of people who all got together out of their own free time to make this movie to help with a problem that is growing and growing and growing ! This needs to be sorted people so lets all not lie down and wag our fucking tales like stupid dogs lets stand up like the great Irish wolf hound and make a fucking stand. Mental Health is a growning problem in Ireland and people need help ! Do me a favour don't say "ah sure your getting your tablets-" Tablets ain't the fucking answer ! Its a whole lots of things that help... cognitive behavioural therapy works, writing stuff helps, talking helps, having support helps not just left to the side and saying "ah sure he is taking his tablets he is grand now" ... if you think that I have two words for you.. are you ready? here they come... FUCK YOU ! Also I would like to add these people had a 24/7 service running over Twitter ( Twitter has been a great help for me ) and over Facebook.

Again I ask why could the government not bother their hole's to do something like this. Like it or not, social media is taken its place on the kitchen table in nearly every household in Ireland. I turn on the radio today to hear about Rachel Allen killing pheasants. WHO GIVES A FUCK ?!! While this was one of the breaking story's all over the news today, I seen 3 people mention that they just got news that 3 men had took their owns lives in Ireland. Yet the news media want to go on about some fucking gobshite with a shot gun killing some food ! Oh Ireland, how you make me titter ! Anyway, before I blow a vein in the side of my head I am going to go !

Thanks for reading

Ciaran

4 comments:

  1. Ciaran thanks a million for this but most importantly congratulations on 210 days for you.

    That's the real achievement here - good on you.

    You make many good points here about the need for much greater understanding, your comment on call lines is a classic and very true.

    Keep writing and keep 210 rising!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, sorry for the over use of uneducated language. I really got so worked up when I wrote this. So at least you know it came straight from my heart !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great points raised here Ciaran, fair play to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot, I got very worked up writing it so I let it flow like a tap, I hope you enjoy the rest of what I wrote and thanks for the feedback :)

    ReplyDelete