Tuesday 3 January 2012

‘Terrible junk food diet of schoolage kids revealed’

Now I don’t know why she was going on about British Kids and not a mention about Irish kids ? It’s quite shocking really when people think about the problems OUR kids are going to be going through in the years to come as they try to study hard and not put on weight! You know I have watched all these programs about school dinners, done by Jamie Oliver (who I think is a twat most of the time) about kids having healthy good food in school.

Well Jamie is spot on, Lads & Ladies for god sake take some time out and get your kids a decent lunch. If you live a 10 or 15 minute walk away from the school LET THEM WALK !!! It really bugs me when I stop to get petrol around lunch time and you see kids in the shop looking for junk food cause mammy and daddy wanted to stay in bed for an extra 15 mins and not get up and make a lunch for the kids.

Anyway I think it’s not too much to expect a parent to take the time out to make their kids a decent lunch. Tell your school to get rid of the tuck shop, and get the kids involved in a health buzz. A large part of the problem is that we as parents have given our kids too much choice.

When you think about it, our hardcore Nazi parents had the right idea. Make us eat what was on the plate- if we said “No” we did not get food! Well it happened to me and god I know I tried my arm once or twice by saying I was not eating it, Yes I went to bed with no food and had to wait till the morning for my porridge. The next night I made sure I ate my dinner. Now don’t go thinking I was an abused child or any thing.. all I am saying is certain things my ma and da went hard on, but apart from that they were quite sound.

So I think we need to stamp our feet, not give in and think about these kids and look after them.

All in all, who am I just another candle in the wind… but I could be right !

All the best and thanks for taking the time out to read.

Ciaran

No comments:

Post a Comment